Noon – 1:30: Lunch – Buffet Sandwich Wraps. Choices are Roasted Turkey and Swiss with Avocado and Tomato, Roast Beef with Horseradish mayo, cheddar and smoked tomato, or Roasted red pepper, basil, eggplant with mozzarella. It also comes with mixed green salad, chips, fresh fruit and coffee/tea service.
1:30 – 1:45: Welcome from Tamara Miller, Dean of MSU Libraries
1:45 – 3:00: Keynote by Eric Lease Morgan
3:00 – 3:15: Break with light refreshments
3:15 – 4:00: Break out groups (topics listed below)
- Does open source provide new ways for Montana academic libraries to collaborate?
Led by Ann St. Clair, Montana Tech
- Will open source publishing solve the serials inflation problem?
Led by Barry Brown, Univ. of Montana
- Can open source tools — especially social software — help us serve students better?
Led by Jennie Burroughs, Univ. of Montana
- As we push library materials and reference services outside our walls, can open source help?
Led by Sheila Bonnand, MSU Great Falls
- Open Source ILS — ready for prime time?
Led by Doralyn Rossmann, MSU Bozeman
- Is open source a solution for improving catalog interfaces?
Led by Tamara Miller, MSU Bozeman
4:00 – 4:30: Break out groups follow-up discussion
4:40 – 6:30: Wine and cheese reception hosted by University of Montana Libraries
6:30: Dine and drink around town
8:30- 9:00: Coffee/continental breakfast
9:00 – 10:00: Panel discussion: The Pros and Cons of Open Source
Panelists: Eric L Morgan, Jason Clark, John Greer
Moderator: Greg Notess
10:00 – 10:15: Break
10:15 – 11:00: Discussion
11:00 – 11:30: Wrap up by Eric Lease Morgan
11:45 -1:00: Plated Lunch Choices are Penne Pasta or Chicken Breast with Lemon Caper Sauce
First course – Butternut squash soup.
Entrees – Chicken Breast with Lemon Caper Sauce, Wild Rice Pilaf and Green Beans or Vegetarian Penne with Fresh Pesto Sauce and Grilled Garlic toast.
Dessert- lemon pound cake